Good write up Isaac.

The bias you speak of is almost impossible to get rid of. As such, I think
most Americans are willing to accept it. The idea that one newspaper may be
more prone to report news with a positive conservative bent, than another
paper, is acceptable to the degree that there is always another paper that
is bent in the other direction.

Here's the problem. Recently bias has begun to creep into the reports
themselves. This is unacceptable. For example, two different newspapers
could publish the exact same story, but the structure, the wording, etc.
could be shuffled in such a way to attempt to lure readers to a particular
conclusion. No where has this been more noticeable than in the recent
Supreme Court brouhaha. The NY Times reported on the conservative
republicans "assault" on the judiciary, whereas conservative outlets have
been reporting on the conservative republicans attempt to reign in a
run-away judiciary.