I have two corporate standard colors: #990033{red} and #000066{blue}.  How can
I "lighten" these colors while keeping the same hue?  In painting terms how do
I adjust the hex values to add white?

Forgive my limited and possible incorrect understanding of color terms and
concepts.  I believe I want different saturations and/or luminocities of these
colors or something like that?  I have used several tool that allow me to mix
hex values in any way, but none of them seem to allow me to take a color and
create different shades of it without changing the hue.  Or at least I don't
understand the color concepts enough to get this out of these tools.

PS:  Now that could be a cool color tool for us non-color developers.  Some
kind of GUI tool that can mix colors like one would mix paints!

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.