> Ray wrote:
> A farmer asks an engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician to build him
> the largest possible pen out of a fixed amount of fencing.

Reminds me of the classic computer geek joke:

An electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, and computer engineer are
all riding in a car down a large hill when the brakes start to fade
and the car zooms down the hill.  The driver finally gets the car to a
stop at the bottom of the hill and asks what's next.

The mechanical engineer immediately says he can shore up the brakes
with some duct tape and twine.

The electrical engineer disagrees and claims a far better solution is
to hook up an electro-mechanical braking system with the battery and
some homemade solenoids.

The computer engineer considers both solutions and then says, "Let's
push it back up the hill and see if the same thing happens again."