On 7/7/05, Loathe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1. I am talking about our federal government.  Schools are currently a local
> issue anyway, yes they get federal funding, but that money would be returned
> to the populace and allow them to spend how they see fit, locally.  Federal
> education laws aren't the end all and be all.  Dana doesn't avail herself of
> school services, and I am sure her kids are smart as heck.  Usually home
> school kids come out with a better education than those in the sheep
> building public school system.

If the person has barely enough money or are just getting by do you
honestly think that they will spend it on education?

> 2. School lunches aren't my problem.  If you can't afford kids don't have
> them.

Sounds nice, but how often to people use rational thinking when they
want to get laid?

> What I would like to know is how this raises the barriers?

Poor education condemns most to poverty. Good education typically
helps to lift people out of it. If a kid cannot learn, and there's
lots of research that shows that poor nutrition is tied to learning
problems and poor learning performance, then so much for a level
playing field.

larry