> Howie wrote:
> --- On Friday, July 08, 2005 3:43 PM, Gruss Gott scribed: ---
> >
> > In a nutshell, Iraq was a gamble that:
> >
> > 1.) We'd be welcomed with open arms,
>
> Chalabi welcomed us and, last I checked, he had two arms.

First let me say that this entire response is Daily Show worthy - it's
really quite good. That having been said, as you mentioned Mr. Chalabi
I was reminded of the colossal fek up Mr. Rumsfeld made.  One of many,
really.

Can you believe that Mr. Rumsfeld was paying this joker $364,000 per
MONTH and that he thought they'd just fly him into Iraq and all would
be well?  What a HUGE fek up.

Mr. Rumsfeld is proof of Bill Gates' finding:  When Mr. Gates was
bringing up M$ his recruiting goal was to get smartest people he could
find and tell them, "go figure out sales, go figure out marketing."
This almost taked the company in the early 80s.  He discovered that
dumber, but more experienced professionals were better than novice
smart people.

While Mr. Rumsfeld is a smart business person, he's no military
planner (see exhibit A).

Exhibit A: Iraq