> Um, no.
>
> The Judiciary should be checked just like every other branch which is
> why Mr. Bush should not have been elected.  Now a single party owns
> all 3 branches of gov't which isn't a check but a monopoly.

The Supreme Court is supposed to operate independent of the political
parties, including the political allegiance of the appointing President. The
congress has to approve court appointees, but this "check" goes by the
wayside, politically speaking, when the congress is controlled by the same
party as the sitting president.

At this point, you almost have to put faith in the appointed judge that he
or she will interpret law as best he/she can without thought to conservative
vs liberal, or republican vs democrat. At some point, checks and balances
run out, and it just comes down to trust.....which is unsettling in the
least.

> That's especially disturbing when Mr. Bush was elected by just over
> 50% of the country.  Further I'm going to guess that his nominee will
> not be chosen to represent even his 50%, but a much smaller minority -
> social conservatives.  But we'll see.

Appointees aren't always what the President thinks he's getting. Perhaps
that will be the case here too.

> As to blame: I blame Mr. Bush for everything stupid he does which is
> quite voluminous.  I blame Republicans for everything stupid they do.
> I also blame Democrats.  Or any Congressmen regardless of party.
>
> The recent property decision by the Supreme Court is stupid, but it's
> not Mr. Bush's fault, it's the fault of the justices that voted for
> it.

I've yet to find one person, republican or democrat, who agrees with the
Supreme Court's recent property decision. The fact that the Court's majority
was made up by the so-called "liberal" judges, really puts the democrat's in
a weird position. I mean, politically, you can't support this decision...can
you?