I think because they are going to play a Clintonesque word parsing game.

"I will fire whoever leaked _CLASSIFIED_ info" was the jist of Bush's statement.

And I think they are going to say, without a conviction, that there
was no crime, and if there was no crime, there was no leak of
classified info.

Good thing they are restoring honor and integrity to the White House.