I have yet to see any indication that Rove is a subject of the criminal
investigation. Rove testified before the grand jury a long time ago. The reason
this probe is still ongoing is that there is apparently at least one other
source in the White House who provided information to Bob Novak and possibly to
Judith Miller.

I would suggest that Judith Miller is in jail because her source was not Karl
Rove and said source has not given her permission to talk. I suspect that this
other source is the target of the probe.

>I agree. But as it became clear this week that Deputy Chief of Staff
>Karl Rove is a subject of the criminal investigation into the leak,
>the second Bush administration has gone silent. And its operatives
>have launched a cover-up and smear campaign against anyone raising
>questions.

Now this is priceless- Dean the non-partisan!