> Robert  wrote:
> http://opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110006955

I just got this note from Howard Dean:

Dear Gruss,

All Americans - Democrats, Republicans and independents alike - are
asking the Bush administration to come clean about the White House
leak that revealed the identity of a covert CIA operative and
compromised our national security.

Politics drove someone in the White House to do a treacherous,
potentially criminal thing: a senior administration official leaked
the identity of a covert CIA operative. They endangered the agent's
life and compromised our national security in a time of war.

Here's what former president George H.W. Bush said about that kind of
crime: "Even though I'm a tranquil guy now at this stage of my life, I
have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the trust by
exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view, the most
insidious of traitors." That's from a speech on April 26, 1999.

I agree. But as it became clear this week that Deputy Chief of Staff
Karl Rove is a subject of the criminal investigation into the leak,
the second Bush administration has gone silent. And its operatives
have launched a cover-up and smear campaign against anyone raising
questions.

This is bigger than politics -- every American should agree that this
administration needs to come clean immediately about this leak, and
any White House official's role in it. The only way to pressure this
administration is to show that Americans will not tolerate this -- and
that every American regardless of party will unite and publicly demand
that they come clean.

Join the non-partisan call for the administration to come clean:

www.democrats.org/comeclean