From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 05 December 2001 05:17
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Massive blasts rock Central Jerusalem :(

I don't want to misstate what you're saying, but let me boil down for you
what I hear you saying:

1) The news may be factually correct, though the nuance may be off because
of entertainment values -- therefore, the "real" news is some how obscured.

2) Because the "news" has been remanufactured to a degree, and no longer
reflects the raw, unvarnished truth, it is offensive to base any conclusions
this "newstainment."

Am I understanding you correctly?

Therefore, we should not condemn the Taliban for beating, stoning and
murdering women because, by golly, we learned about it on a network news
show. And it was edited. And who knows what was left out. A Taliban denial
maybe? Or possibly a Taliban apology ("We didn't mean to stone those women
to death -- the rock just slipped. Sorry.")

Is that really what you're saying. I mean, because that's what I hear you
saying. And I find it pretty offensive.

If the facts are correct, it matters little how they are delivered. And no
amount of political correctness (in this case, the liberal mantra of we
shouldn't criticize other "cultures") can possibly justify what the Taliban
has done to women and dissenters within Afghanistan.

H.