So, the House has voted to make permanent most of the provisions of
the Patriot Act, and to extend the others for *ten* years. We have the
London bombers to thank for this. The Senate, while more cautious,
seems likely to go along. While I am hardly a raving liberal, I think
the fact that William F Buckley and I are agreeing on the dangers of
this situation probably means that there is real, very real, cause for
concern.

Meanwhile, the Albuquerque Journal is worried about whether it was ok
for a basketball team to wear flipflops on a visit to the White House.

Cry, the beloved country.
Dana
--
Nobody's laughing now
But you could always make me laugh out loud