> Sam wrote:
> but I'm getting a little sick and tired of people telling me if you
> didn't serve you can't discuss war. It's bullshit.

You can discuss war, but you're not in much of a position to decide
about going to war.  Think back to Winston Churchill's famous quote,
"If you're not a liberal at 20 you have no heart, if you're not a
conservative at 40 you have no brain."

His point is that it's easy to spend other people's money, but once
it's yours you generally change your mind.  It's the same with war.
If you haven't been to war it's easy to decide to go to war.  When
it's you that has to go, you think twice.

It is almost universally agreed that Mr. Bush should've listened to
Mr. Powell rather than Mr. Cheney before he invaded Iraq.  The
resulting problems are largely because Mr. Bush ignored the guy that
had actually been in a war.