<quote>Yes but drugs and prostitution breed crime.</quote>

But how much of that is because they are illegal?  This is bit of a chicken and
egg question.  Are other crimes associated with these activities because of
their inherent nature, or more just because they are currently illegal, so
other illegal activity occurs around them.

This is ten years old and a lot to read, which I have not complete done so.
But this quote from a San Francisco Task Force to study prostitution is most
interesting, "The Task Force therefore recommends that the City departments
stop enforcing and prosecuting prostitution crimes."
[http://www.bayswan.org/3sumrec.html]

Drugs have other issues involved, but I'm always drawn to the discrepancy of
treating some drugs (alcohol and tobacco) differently then others (marijuana,
ect.)

Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning