> identify as bisexual), but I'm not going to tell them that it will be
> easy or that they will ever find that one person who fulfills them
> completely (which I think is a Disneyism anyway).
>
> I think monogamy might work a lot better in a culture in which
> families / communities were more involved with each other -- that is
> -- our culture seems hell-bent on this idea of making your monogamous
> romantic partner your sole source of social fulfillment (or in the
> case of metrosexuals yourself). As time passes we're gradually eroding
> all our other social interactions outside of those that occur with
> this monogamous partner if not solely with this partner. Or so it
> seems to me... I don't think I'm alone, although I've been told on
> more than one occasion that I'm "just whining" about some imaginary
> thing I've invented.

Nope.  I'm there with you on this one.  I'm not looking for someone to
be my end-all-be-all-answer-to-everything.  I'm looking for someone who
fills some of the places not filled by my sisters, parents, friends,
etc.  The best relationship I ever had included her going out with the
girls regularly, and me geeking out with the boys.  :-)

--Ben