On 8/3/05, Paul Vernon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why is that? I see it all the time, you have 3 or 4 good
> ideas/logos/business plans, no-one can decide which one out of those good
> ones to choose so they "compromise" and pick the worst example they can
> find. Then they spend the next few weeks/months rubbishing the
> idea/logo/plan that they had previously championed ensuring that the entire
> company has complete "buy in" on the bag of cr*p that was finally picked.

It's partly because most people haven't got the first fucking clue
about marketing. A logo is probably one of the least important parts
of the company image, and yet somehow it's the thing that everyone
feels they've just got to have.

It's something they can point to and say "that's me". Uh huh. Sure a
logo is used to identify you, but a crap logo used well is far better
than the best logo used poorly. A sound business plan and a good
corporate strategy are so much more important than the logo, but
strangly when someone asks for a web site I can bet that they care
about the logo and have no clue about a business plan.

Psha! Pfui! Bah! And other articulations of disgust.

-Kevin