Well, compared to the block in a '69 Charger, yeah  :)  I will, however,
take my Prius over a Charger any day.  I don't know about the
performance characteristics of the older model Priuses, but mine is a
2005, only has about 300 miles on it so far, but its performance is not
bad at all - from 65 or so, I was able to floor it and get around a
full-size semi truck in about 6 seconds with room to spare.  Mileage is
a little hard to figure out right now, but it looks like I'm averaging
around 47 so far, mostly highway driving at this point.

It certainly outperforms my '98 Civic, that's for sure.

- Jim