I think I can see where the FRC is coming from.  They're saying that the
new domain shouldn't go into effect since there's nothing to relegate
adult content to that domain explicitly, since there will, still be just
as many .com, .net or .org (etc. etc.) domains serving porn.

However, as usual, they pass off the blame for "bringing pornography
into the home" to the industry, and not the people in the home for
looking it up in the first place.

I do understand their concerns - that domains should act as sort of
ersatz zoning restrictions, but they're backwards in how it works.  I
doubt the new domain will make it any easier or harder to find whatever
it is that floats your boat, though, and I would guess that what will
mostly happen is that proprietors of HotTrannyAputees.com will just
mirror their content to HotTrannyAmputees.xxx anyway.  In fact, I'm sure
Verisign, Comodo, et. al would love that, since they just get to sell
more certificates.

- Jim