> Sam wrote:
> Nice try but we now know it's the Republicans fault.
> Why did it take so long to blame Bush and Co?

Your implication that Mr. Bush is a Republican is an insult to
Republicans as he has signed into law some of the most lavish pork
bills in history.

As to Katrina, while I agree with you that Mr. Bush has pursued
short-sighted destructive environmental policy, the odds that even his
best effort (which would, at most, be semi-coherent) would have
altered Katrina, are negligible.

Mr Bush, after all, has proved to the world that a simple man can
indeed pick smart people, but rarely can he make a team.