From: G [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 03:00 pm
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Venezuela offers fuel, food to hurricane-hit US

Bush could be considered "socially conservative"...but really that term is
something recently invented. It doesn't have anything to do with what being
a traditional "conservative" meant:

-It meant you were fiscally conservative.....kept spending in check,
preferred economic streamlining to new taxes or outlandish spending
-It meant you took a conservative interpretation of the Constitution...which
is to say you didn't interpret it much at all, but took it at its
face.....the letter of the law vs. the spirit.
-It meant you looked to conserve, or restrict, the size of the federal
government, rather than augment or expand it.

Bush fails all three of those core defintions of a conservative.