> Brian  wrote:
> You think the primary failure was Bush and the Federali's....ok, fine. This
> guy, who's been in a natural disaster situation before, feels the primary
> failure was at the local level.

This term "primary failure" makes it interesting.  If we're talking
lines of defense against the storm, then yes, obviously locally was
first.

However, the Feds were expected to do a full review of disaster
probability and ensure response.  They didn't in this case so they
failed.  That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

The whole discussion <everybody> reminds me of an analogy:

You hire a plumber to help design and plumb your new house.  3 days
after you move in sewage everywhere.  The plumber says it's your fault
for not seeing the holes in his plan.  Well ... sort of, but you hired
him as the professional.

BTW - If this guy had been through a post-9/11 disaster he might have
some more credibility here, but how can anyone seriously not see a
total failure of FEMA here?  They ok'd the plan!