Ray said:
> Nothing drives me crazier (well maybe /something/) than
> driving around
> and seeing those marquee signs that you slip the letters in, and the
> sign is misspelled, uses the wrong word, or is just grossly
> grammatically challenged.

This sloppiness seems to have reached epidemic proportions as it has
permeated through  newspaper headlines, headlines and scrolling marquees on
television, talking headlines on radio and tv, mass distribution emails,
etc.

The one that gets me these days is the use of present tense for a future
event, i.e., "President Bush flies to Louisiana tomorrow to tour the
devastated areas."  Radio and tv news use this a lot.

George