"There's no middle ground - abstinence until marriage and then sex for
procreation."

Not true. The Song of Solomon is not about procreation at all.

"Of course the hierocracy comes in when you see how they treat life in other
scenarios. Pro-lifers are nearly always pro-death penalty."

Where's the hypocracy? (I think you mean hypocracy. It is possible that you
meant "a government ruled by priests or religious ministers" but it doesn't
fit in with the rest of the reply very well IMHO).

Mat 5:18 Remember that as long as heaven and earth last, not the least point
nor the smallest detail of the Law will be done away with---not until the
end of all things.

Matthew 5:18 indicates that the ten commandments are still in effect even
though Jesus will redeem all mankind. The ten commandments offers up death
as a punishment for death. I don't see the hypocracy.

By the way, if anyone would like some great software to study the bible, go
to http://www.e-sword.net/. <http://www.e-sword.net/> The software is free,
it is better than most commercial applications, and has many add ons
(commentaries, dictionaries, maps, etc.)