From: Short Fuse Media [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:26 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: https Redirects Non-secure Site to Arbitrary Secure Site

Sounds like either a DNS / IIS / or a little of both issue. God I hate
tracking this stuff down - so good luck to you...

A couple of things to look out for (This is just my opinion, I could  be
wrong...) -

1) Host headers/IIS = bad... well at least for non-internal stuff, and
I've heard all sorts a mess with them and SSL. I never liked them
personally. If you're pointing it to the outside world, make sure you
have A records for art.* and pt.*

Dunno if you've read this junk, but may be a good reference for ya:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/I
IS/596b9108-b1a7-494d-885d-f8941b07554c.mspx
http://msmvps.com/bernard/archive/2005/05/25/48852.aspx

2) Looks like you got seperate SSLs for art.* and pt.* - I find that
rather odd, how come you don't have a wildcard SSL for *.evansville.edu?

3) Check how the SSL Identities are managed vs. the IP addresses. Are
art.* and pt.* seperate IPs, or are the host headers? Seems like IIS  is
catching all 443 port traffic and spitting the user out to cce.*

Cheers, good luck, and feel free to ignore everything above (as I'm
pretty confident I suck at alot of DNS troubleshooting *grin* )

Erik