Not a valid comparison. Single case design studies are like group
experimental designs turned on their head - instead of one observation
from many cases, single case design studies use many observations over
time on a single case.

Moreover the USSR was so fundimentally different than what currently
is under discussion that its not a valid comparison.

Lets try a better one. The US Census maintains ongoing economic census
results broken down by location (for instance
http://www.census.gov/prod/www/statistical-abstract-04.html or
http://www.census.gov/econ/census02/guide/g02dvd.htm). It shouldn't be
too difficult to extract the data, using the Census Bureau's tools to
extract the necessary data and do the analysis using SPSS or similar
program, comparing those areas with a living wage law and those
statistically equivalent locations that do not . The most recent set
for distribution is the 2002 economic census. The first DVD is
currently available for $300, however the same data is also available
online from the census - just harder to obtain.

In other words I'm suggesting that the needed analysis is very similar
to Robert Pollin's analysis, just done on a multi state/multi region
basis over a 5 to 8 year period centering around the implementation of
the living wage law. That should give enough data for both a baseline
and intervention period, and a comparison to those places that do not
have such a law.

larry