And also about knowing who to complain to.

My grandfather once bought a slab of chocolate from the local asda
store.  Found a piece of ceramic within it and sent the bar and
complaint off to Cadbury.  They then sent back a letter of apology and
a basket of chocolate items worth around $75.

He was later in the store he bought it and mentioned it to the store
manager who said he should have told him, they would have gladly
replaced the bar.