I don't know if his agenda still matches with his controller's agenda.

I think we will know in the next few weeks if he has broken the leash
his handlers had on him. Robert's and Meirs will show us by their
actions if Bush fulfilled his promise to his farthest right
constituents by padding the court with people to the right of Scalia,
or if he broke from his promise and followed more his historic
tendencies toward moderate stances.

(The rights bitching at the moment could be real, or it could be a
smart smoke screen to make these picks seem more centrist than they
really are)