I disagree here Michael and here is why. In the last years we have poured
over 70 billion into the system with no actual success. The last (and only)
success was because they told the system right where to aim and used a
reflector to help the missile paint the target. It was not even aiming at a
MIRV, just one large target. MIRVs are small and very, very hard to hit.

Unilaterally pulling out of a negotiated treaty is a bad idea and set's a
poor precedent for the future. In essence, it says that you cannot trust
American to stick to a treaty. That is exactly what it says in fact. What
might America pull out of in the future that we cannot agree on after we
change the rules?

For the sake of argument, why would we not spend that money in other ways?
Why not reorganize our espionage system? What will it cost us to maintain
and support such a system? What are the alternatives? Who are these other
countries and what is the status of there BM program? My guess it about 0%
complete. North Korea has had no success. We can certainly manipulate the
world enough to keep them from ever getting one. What motivates the
companies that want the contracts? Is it altruism? Greed? Patriotism?

Just some of my thoughts. Frankly, when people bitch about taxes and
government meddling, this is what I think of. We spend far more on this type
of stuff than on actually making life for people in America better.

-Gary