Good point for NOT building the ABM system. Maybe the science will not be
correct. Or more correctly, the two mutually exclude each other.

Also, this was in the article:

The event marked the third intercept in five attempts over the past two
years and was sure to boost the Bush administration's controversial pursuit
of a national missile defense. But the testing program is still in its
infancy, with many artificial conditions included in these early trials -- a
fact cited by missile defense critics in discounting what the tests prove
about the weapon's feasibility.

and this:

"The bottom line is, they've once again demonstrated hit-to-kill," said
David Wright, a missile defense critic with the Union of Concerned
Scientists. "But people have to keep in mind it hasn't been under realistic
conditions."

-Gary