From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 9:24 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Ouch

We've fought wars on multiple fronts in the past and we can do it again.
 I'm sure there were those that opposed our involvement in Europe
considering that we were at war with Japan, but we did it anyways
because we had an obligation to do so.  Contrary to many beliefs, this
country can walk and chew gum at the same time.  Our military is very
well trained and our Intelligence gathering efforts have been lacking,
but we now see the error of our ways now and we will be able to conduct
the sort of operations that we need to in order to protect the US.  We
can improve our military readiness, improve our intelligence gathering
efforts, and pursue alternative ways of protecting the citizens of this
country..all at the same time.

As for missile defense, it is not THE way to protect America but one of
many means in which to do so.  Iraq couldn't give a rats ass about an
AMB treaty.  Once China gets their weapons up to snuff, they won't give
a crap either.  Pakistan has nuclear weapons.  If the current regime
were to fall into the hands of an organization like the Taliban or Al
Queada, do you think they care about the stupid treaty?  Shall I
continue with North Korea?  None of these countries give a damn about
the ABM treaty except to make a bunch of noise, apply international
political pressure against the US, and do everything they can to prevent
America from defending herself because they really don't want the US the
means to do so.  Why?  Because if she can, then they are left out in the
cold.

Before Sept. 11th, no one would have thought that a terrorist group
would have been able to accomplish what they were able to accomplish.  I
mean really think about it...the Twin Towers are GONE!!! Should we
really revert back to that mindset of "well, it probably won't happen so
let's not do anything about it?"  I think that Ballistic Missiles are a
credible threat and should be addressed.  If we ignore them and God
forbid something happens, the same people who are bitching about missile
defense now would be lambasting whatever administration is in the White
House at the time for not doing SOMETHING about it.

Michael Corrigan
Programmer
Endora Digital Solutions
www.endoradigital.com