Well, it's better than the old one.  By Far.  ;^)

Some thoughts:

+) Personally I don't like the splash page.  Most of the page is empty
(large image, large negative space). It has little to no content.  The menu
at the top is easily missed (it blends in as the common "portal" menus used
by sites like AOL and MSN do) and slightly difficult to read (too small).

The internal page layout would make a perfect entrance page with the content
area containing news and such.

It also has a standardized menu.  Right now you're moving the main
navigation around - this is rough on the user... it starts on the top then
slides to the side.  Also the two menus don't have the same items - this is
also difficult since the user may visit the site wanting to go to a specific
area but that area may only be linked from internal pages.

So, personally, I'd ditch the splash page completely.

+) Even the internal menu is slightly difficult to read.  Perhaps just make
the text larger by a hair.  (ask some older folks, over 60, to take a look
at it and see what they say - if they can read it without squinting then
it's fine.)

(As an aside this is a good informal acceptance test: take a laptop to the
park and ask the strangers there their opinion of your site.  You can also
sweeten the pot by offering $10 or $20 for their time.  It's a little
embarrassing at first but most people, especially older people, like to talk
and you'll get some very useful information.  One hint tho' - even if you
DID build the site, tell them you didn't.  You don't want them trying to
save your feelings.)

+) Generally I don't care for white-on-black text... but I can read it.  You
might get complaints from some people however as, for some people, it's very
hard to read.

+) Personally I would place the "contact us", "faqs", etc menu under the
main content area (beneath the dotted line or directly above the line with
some space between it and the content).  This will pin the item making it
easier to find.  As it is it seems more like "content".

Also this secondary "tools" menu is larger and clearer than the main text.
I would make the main menu more prominent.

+) As a general consumer site the abbreviation "faqs" may be too technical.
Although it is common enough that it may not be.  However changing to
"questions" or "common questions" might make it more accessible.

That's it off the top of my head.  All my (I like to think educated) opinion
of course, take it for what it's worth. ;^)

Jim Davis