Also, many people from American joined both the British and Canadian Air
Forces to help out. Same with China. Some of us wanted to help out.

America was in a quandary. We had a lot of people of English, Irish, Italian
and German descent, in fact, just about everywhere in Western Europe. Made
the politics very nasty over here. Hitler screwed up declaring war on us,
despite the relationship he had with the Japanese. That master race syndrome
thing I guess.

-Gary