Question - in the past, Microsoft has had this _asinine_ policy where if
you spent _more_ for the Full version of an OS instead of just the
upgrade, you couldn't use the full version to upgrade an earlier OS. For
example, I seem to remember that if you had the full version of Win98,
you couldn't use it to upgrade a Win95 install. This meant your only
option was to try to backup everything by hand. (Yes, I know that's
safer, but this still seems silly.) Anyway, does anyone know if this
applies to WinMe-WinXP and Win2kPro-WinXPPro?

-rc