Any non-publicly released information about a company by people inside the
company or people in certain relationships to people in the company that is
used to change the stock price can fall under insider trading. On the other
hand, information that is overheard can be considered non-insider trading
in many situations.
If you heard some information about an Apple product and posted it up to a
website then you are can be looked at in that category. Remember that
lawyers will use a lot to get their way. 1st amendment is a joke to them. I
saw an article about a new Apple handheld today and the site was down
almost immediately.