mmm but if the perception of US troops by the average resident of Sadr City
has gone from liberator to oppressor, I am not sure that will work. If in
fact the people fighting the troops are from elsewhere, better border
control would help. But we aren't able to do that here, and we have people
who speak the languages in question. And I am not sure that the fighters are
all foreign. Not, I hasten to add, that I have any expertise in Iraq. Maybe
a little in Arabs.