I'd go with fixed, and no points. I'd also ask around locally (meaning where
you're buying) to see if anyone can recommend a good local bank that does
mortgages. For my first loan, I went with WHEDA. But, when I refinanced, I
found a little out-of-the-way small town bank that never sells their loans,
doesn't require escrowing for taxes, and beat everyone else on fees and
closing costs by a lot.

Kevin will tell you that whatever you do, set up your payments to be every
two weeks, as you'll end up with more going towards principal and paying
down the loan faster.

So, this isn't the dream house you originally posted, so what house is it?
Details! Details!