I dont care about being rich, but that doesn't mean I plan to be on
the street ;) I'm quite happy to be a reasonably affluent taxpayer ;)
I just won't cut throats to be Donald Trump. Not worth it for me. But
there is a middle ground, and you have found it -- the idea that a
safety net is amongst the few things that are important enough that a
government should p[ay for them.