Its more than that. Part of their approach to suppliers is to demand
that the suppliers keep cutting their prices to Walmart, around 5 -
10% per year. Then if the supplier balks, Walmart simply goes to China
or other 3rd world country and finds a company to make the same
product for even cheaper.

To me it very reminiscent of a protection racket.

larry