I have COMPLETE faith in a free market. Because it works.....pure and
simple.

You throw around this phrase "socially responsible". But that's really an
amalgam of a wide variety of things, and probably means something different
to you than it does to me.

If you are talking about the ability of the consumers and workers to affect
a business through the applied forces within a market.....then yes, you can
affect that aspect of social responibility from within the market.

If you want to talk about responsibilities of a business towards the
environment, then yes, I agree that a collective government of the people
can and should impose statutes on businesses within the area that require a
certain level of environmental checks. I don't call this a restriction on
free market enterprise.

If this is what you mean by "a free market, with help", then I guess we are
in agreement...and the difference is merely semantics.