So our son just turned 21, is working hard on a first real job out of
school, barely making ends meet.  But very responsible about what he
can/cannot afford etc.

We said "ya really deserve some R&R but ya hardly got two nickels to rub
together.  Wanna come with us to Kauai for a week next July, our treat? Oh,
and since you're 21 now, ya can sit down by the pool, flag down Leilani,
order a tall cool one, sign it to the room."

Talk about a b-i-g smile on a young guy's face!

<grin>

BTW for a yummy tropical drink (IMNSHO), try using *all* Myers dark rum in a
Pina Colada, instead of a mix of light and dark.

The place we stay in Kauai makes a "Tai Chi" - their version of a Mai Tai.
After only one of them you are moving v-e-r-y  s-l-o-w-l-y.