That sort of goes to the point of the article, which is that you couldn't make
that kind of comparison because such depictions are illegal in (as far as I
know) all majority Muslim states. In most of the Middle East I would bet that
drawing or publishing these cartoons would earn you a bullet in the back of the
head.

See this quote from the original article:

'Reporters Without Borders said the reaction in the Arab world "betrays a lack
of understanding" of press freedom as "an essential accomplishment of
democracy."'