But, to get back to the original question, do the gangs in Anacostia
walk around with their guns on public display, in front of everybody,
including reporters and cops, and have absolutely no expectation of
arrest or prosecution? Do they fire weapons in front of the police and
walk away unaccosted? Do they fire weapons into public buildings with
impunity? Do they kidnap, threaten or kill foreign nationals with
impunity?

Since this was what was being compared when Anacostia was originally mentioned.

Oh look, a hair... *wanders away with a very sharp carbon steel knife.*