I say let people drive whatever they want to drive.  But I do think
that people should also be responsible for what they drive.  If
someone puts a cattleguard on the front of their truck that negates
the effect of a bumper in a crash and injures/kills a person, they
should be personally responsible.  I also think think that flat chrome
rear bumpers should be illegal as they reflect the trailing cars
headlights right back.  If you put a lift kit on your suv and raise
the bumper height and your vehicle causes more damage than without the
lift kit, you should be responsible for it.

If it's dark and the normal speed limit is 65mph, the speed limit for
large trucks and suv's should be about 5mph slower since the braking
distance isn't near as good as smaller/lighter vehicles.

Large trucks/suvs should not be in the HOV lane with two people.  Then
again, mothers with an infant in a car seat in the rear shouldn't be
there either.

There probably ought to be a lane on most highways for lighter
vehicles.  Maybe change the HOV lane concept into a set a light
vehicle lanes and heavy vehicle lanes.  I'd love to drive a smaller
vehicle or even a motorcycle.  Unfortunately, in Texas, it seems that
90% of people drive trucks/suv's.  They also drive like crap most of
the time so I'm not really keen on getting on the road with a smaller
vehicle or motorcycle.