We follow a british system of driving rather than an american one. So
we drive on the left side of the road, our driver's seat is on the
right side of the car.

And SUVs are popular here because our roads are so bad. And we just
don't have a higher incidence of accidents, or rollovers or any oft
hose things in this country. Our roads are worse, our traffic is
worse, but people that own SUVs just seem to utilise some common sense
and they don't drive as though they are driving a car.

Our accidents are mostly road racers in souped up cars racing around
at night or early morning.

So my point being that it has nothing to do with SUVs in particular,
or their design etc as vehicles.It has a lot more to do with the
drivers.

Same thing with cell phones. Every study has shown that there are more
accidents caused by people changing the channel on their radio or
fiddling with it than are caused by Cell Phones in the US and
elsewhere.