> Hat wrote:
> It's the power of the purse... if the schools don't want recruiters on
> their camuses then don't take the money...... riiiiight.

Weeellll, but let's think about this for a second.  Where does the
federal government get *its* money from?  Taxes.  And where do most of
the taxes come from?  College graduates.

The military may protect the country, but college graduates pay for
their guns and ammo.  The top 10% of earners (of which almost all are
college graduates or attended college) control about 70% of the
nation's wealth.  The bottom 50% of American earners, by contrast,
control just 2% of the wealth.

So, extending your point, the top 10% of earners should decide whether
or not colleges have to have recruiters?  I dunno ...

>From my perspective, the recruiters shouldn't be banned because that's
as good of a career path as any other.  If the colleges are being true
to education, they should let the military compete in the free market
of ideas that their college should be advocating.

In the same way, a college should not be able to ban Lockheed or
Raytheon from recruiting just because they make weapons systems.