I've been on vonage for about a year now.  I've always found the
service (quality of audio, # of dropped calls) to be fair at best.
But given what I was paying, I was ok with that.

Recently I took note of the fact that my cable internet service
(comcast) was not as fast as advertised.  Supposed to be 6mb
down...speed tests averaged 2-2.5.  So I figured Vonage was not the
culprit..Comcast was.

Today a Comcast rep came out to look around.  Did a speed test to
verify that i was only getting 2mb downloads on the current setup,
which is cablemodem -> vonage router (wrtp54g wireless) -> network.
my laptop runs wireless and did, in fact, get roughly 2mb down.

He whips out a cat 5 cable, plugs my laptop directly into the
cablemodem and SHAZAM!  6mb  down.  consistently.

So, it seems to be the Vonage router.

The question then is...does anybody else have this particular router
in their setup?  Is it working well?

If not, what setup are you using?  Which vonage router?  Happy with it
(quality of calls, quality of internet connection)?

If there's a "better" router to use, i'll buy it and stick with
Vonage.  otherwise I need to cancel this service like yesterday :\

Thanks,
Charlie

--
Charlie Griefer

"...All the world shall be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies,
and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch
you, digger, listener, runner, prince with a swift warning.
Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed."