I tend to agree although I didn't want to say it 'cause I don't like
people thinking I'm  jerk... But seriously... I laugh at programmer
jokes and American jokes and Brit jokes (ethnicity, although I was
born in the US), bisexual jokes and even pagan and Unitarian jokes.
The Simpsons aired an episode in which Bart was playing video games
with Flanders' kids. Of course, being Flanders the object of the game
(Bible Blaster?) was to convert heathens (with some kind of Bible gun
apparently). So Bart starts playing and one of the boys says something
about having missed one of the heathens, followed by a correction that
it wasn't a miss but merely "winged" and turned him into a Unitarian.
The obvious inference is that Unitarianism isn't a real or serious
religion. I disagree. I also laughed my ass off. It's double-standards
that are offensive.

I have noticed that it seems Christians are more willing/apt to
devalue their own religious symbolism through humor. You don't see
people making beer commercials featuring Buddha with the slogan "even
the Buddha can't resist", but a wine commercial featuring Jesus saying
"when I made water into wine at Cana, this is what I imagined" would
not surprise me. Of course, that may just be a side-effect of
Christians having dominated modern mainstream culture. The mere fact
that there are more of them here and more of them controlling TV
stations, etc. Of course it's a different story in places where Islam
is the dominant religion and I think the threat of death is pretty
effective in preventing them doing the same.

> That's fucking great.

> Come on Mike, of you can't laugh at ALL stereotypes, you
> shouldn't be
> allowed to laugh at any.  I think mick jokes are funny as
> shit.

> That episode in specific was funny as hell.

> --
> Tim Heald
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 703-300-3911