I agree.

He hit his own, completely arbitrary, nonsensical limit so he quit.  At the
same time however he also made a rather inflammatory statement when he did
it so he does deserve at least some shit for it (which he's gotten).

As for Cruise I've seen no evidence that he had anything to do with the
whole thing.  He's publicly denied making any such requests or threats.
Until there's actual evidence against him I personally choose to believe
him.  The rumor is just too contrived for my taste (he's IN the show and the
threats I saw were convoluted connections from Sony through Viacom to Comedy
Central).

It just smacks of unsubstantiated gossip.  Something created then passed
along.

Jim Davis