> Ok so where does that leave us who may agree that there is
> more the universe then man yet knows and there may be some
> kind of inelegant force involved.  But doesn't know if it
> takes any personal interest in individual humans and even
> so can't stand most organized religions.

I like that the force is inelegant. :P

> I would have called it "Agnostic," but I'm not sure if
> that is quite correct.

I think that's traditionally viewed as "I'll believe it when I see
it"... But then that also means that the "I don't give a damn" crowd
isn't represented by a label either.

But honestly, if you checked out a UU church, there's a good chance
you would find them standable.

I've been to all sorts of Christian churches including LDS and am now
mercifully beyond that stage in my life. Judaism is to me like saying
"Java? Are you kidding? It's not nearly complicated enough. There is
absolutely NO replacement for ASSEMBLY!" (Sorry Mike -- that's not a
pejorative, just my opinion.) I won't even touch Islam; the religion
is evil, and will remain evil until even fundamentalist extremists
wouldn't consider death a viable penalty for a person's beleifs or for
cartoons or works of fiction. RIP Cat Stevens (who once said "I
wouldn't ruin his meal if I saw him at a restaurant, but the man
deserves to die" about Salman Rushdie). The same was also true of
Christianity at one time (its being evil), but they've reformed and
now they're just occasionally annoying in person and problematic in
government office. I'm more inclined to attend a Wiccan ceremony, but
they're not real big for me either (though I do like the symbolism,
particularly the chalice)...

a Unitarian commune would be hella sweet, but Unitarians by and large
seem disinterested in communal living in spite of their interest in
community -- it's wierd... that's my one big beef with Unitarians is
that they're too "separatist" in that way, although I suspect that has
more to do with mainstream culture than with UUism in spite of their
big talk about radical individualism.

s. isaac dealey     434.293.6201
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with