I never took Paxil but I had several unpleasant experiences withdrawing from
Zoloft. My doctor at the time insisted that this was not happening, which was
not helpful. I have described the sensation as being like I was manifesting as
a wavefore for a few seconds. It was quite disturbing when it first started.
When I realized what it was I felt better, but I had the same though you did --
what about people who are just a little more frail mentally. I really think
this is why people do wierd stuff when they have just stopped Prozac.

Tim, what helped me was Lamaze training, which you probably haven't had <g> nit
you could get there but researching the breathing exercises they teach in Yoga,
if you'll accept a suggestion.

Just a thought, perhaps you could just pay for a psych visit? There is a
provider called Community Health something or something like that in Rockville,
Bethesda and Wheaton and they do sliding scale. I don't especially recommend
them otherwise -- several of the above withdrawals were because they were
sloppy getting my Rx renewed... but maybe you coul get in there for one visit
and get enough to wean off?

Another thought, if it gets bad enough you can also go to the ER... some people
do.

hope some of the above helps.

Dana