Lawnmowing:

Push mowers (rotating horizontal blades) work well regardless of
length of grass IF KEPT SHARP. HAve the baldes sharpened twice a
season. Costs about 15 bucks each time, but well worth it. Anyone who
sharpens axe blades or saw blades will do it. Since they leave the
clippings in place, long grass needs to be raked up (short grass can
be left to mulch)

Electric mowers work well. Some have cords, some have limited non-cord
batteries. The corded versions are better. They work great if kept
clean underneath. Before plugging it in each time, turn it over and
clean it off (regular screwdriver works well to dig crusted grass
free). Do this before putting it away as well (but always when
unplugged). These work especially well for older people, or people
with limited upper body strength. They are much lighter and easier to
manouver than gas versions. They will get damaged easy by gravel and
rocky yards.